Making waves with style
Founded in 2020 out of the pencil of the internationally recognized boating industry veteran Sakari Mattila, Saxdor Yachts is the fastest-growing premium boat brand in Europe. Originating from a vision to create a boat fleet that has never existed before, Saxdor boats are built with using cutting-edge technologies and attention to safety.
Saxdor’s headquarters is located in Helsinki, Finland, but the heart of our production beats in Ełk, Poland. Saxdor Shipyard is located within the Suwalki Special Economic Zone and with more than 300 professionals it works towards making the Saxdor vision come true. Our investment in the new multi-million dollar production facility, which is due October 2022, will provide 300 additional jobs in the Masurian Lake District. The shipyard team possesses the expertise and experience to construct the highest-quality and most comfortable vessels, which have been awarded Best of Boat Award 2020, European Power Boat of the year 2021, and Motor Boat Award 2022, among other international awards.
Saxdor has built an extensive network of experienced dealers, ensuring the brand’s presence on more than 40 markets on five continents.
CONCEPT AND DESIGN
At Saxdor, the design process starts with a clear vision embedded in the brand’s DNA. It comes from our award-winning Chief Designer, Sakari Mattila. His view translates into a research-based concept; the concept turns into a boat layout—the key element of every new range.
The design process is teamwork from the earliest stage. We involve renowned international boat design agencies to introduce new features and cutting-edge technologies for the best boating experience. Our designers, naval architects, production planners, and product developers at Saxdor Shipyard are top experts in their respective fields. Since every stage of design affects serial production, close cooperation between the design and production teams is essential.
Saxdor’s signature hull always takes the center stage in the design process. The two stepped deep V-hull effortlessly knives the waves and performs well in choppy conditions. The smart hull also improves fuel efficiency, which is one of the crucial elements of Saxdor’s concept thinking.
When it comes to safety, for Saxdor there are no compromises. All safety calculations are done with the official IMCI and Abyc certifications.
Boating enthusiasts around the world agree that the most wanted qualities of a yacht include Italian cutting-edge design, American functionality, German quality, and French competitive pricing. Saxdor combines all of these characteristics in its own unique, Scandinavian way.
Visionary boat designer and founder of Saxdor Yachts, Sakari Mattila, previously founded four successful and internationally-awarded boat brands: Axopar, XO-boats, Paragon and Aquador. Throughout his remarkable career, Mattila has had the role of lead strategist and original designer for each of these much loved brands.
To those people who are wondering, Sakari Mattila is nowadays fully focused on developing amazing new models for Saxdor with his team of professionals and has no longer ties with his previous brands.
- Motorboat of the Year 2022, WINNER, Saxdor 320 GTO
- European Powerboat of the Year 2022, FINALIST, Saxdor 320 GTC
- Best of Boats 2021, FINALIST, Saxdor 320 GTO
The production of Saxdor 320 GTO and Saxdor 320 GTC starts.
Saxdor 200 is making already the waves:
- European Powerboat of the Year 2021, WINNER, Saxdor 200
- Motorboat of the Year 2021, FINALIST, ”Highly commended”, Saxdor 200
- Best of Boats 2020 WINNER, Saxdor 200
- Innovation Award 2020, Hiswa, Holland, Saxdor 200
A group of private investors and key persons of the Saxdor management team become significant minority shareholders. United Bankers Plc acts as advisor to Saxdor Yachts.
The subsidiary shipyard of Saxdor Yachts begins the production of Saxdor 200 in Elk, Poland.
Beginning of a new era.
Sakari innovates the concept and design of the new Saxdor model range. The model range starts from the 20 feet personal watercraft - Saxdor 200.
The name comes from the last and the first boat brand: S = Sakari, AX = AXopar, DOR = AquaDOR.
Saxdor Yachts Oy (Ltd) is founded in October.
As an indication of Mattila’s new concept and design Axopar wins several awards around the world and becomes the fastest growing boat brand in Europe.
- Japan's boat of the year 2017, Axopar 28 T-Top
- Motor Boat of the Year 2017, WINNER, Axopar 37
- Best of Boats 2016 FINALIST, Axopar 37
- Boat Builder Awards 2016 WINNER, Axopar Boats Oy
- Motorboat of The Show 2016, Helsinki, Axopar 24 Open
- Motor Boat of the year Awards 2016 WINNER, Axopar 28 OC
- European Powerboat of the Year Awards 2016, WINNER, Axopar 28
- Best of Boats 2015, WINNER, Axopar 28
- Boat Builder Awards 2015 FINALIST, Axopar Boats Oy
- Motorboat of the Year 2014, Sweden, Axopar28 AC
- Motorboat of the show 2014, Helsinki, Axopar 28 Open
The first Axopar 28 is launched at the Helsinki International Boat show in February 2014.
Sakari alone founded and registered Axopar Holdings Oy (Ltd) and its subsidiary Axopar Boats Oy (Ltd) in March 2014. Sakari’s company owned 100 % of Axopar’s shares.
Other three associates became shareholders nine months later.
Mattila starts the Axopar project in co-operation with Josef Wizsniewski, the owner and founder of the Slepsk shipyard.
Sakari innovates the new concept and design of Axopar. The concept and design are practically ready in the end of 2012.
Sakari developes the name from his previous brands. A = Aquador, XO = XO boats, PAR = PARagon.
Together with Erkki Talvela, Mattila founds XO boats in 2008.
- Motorboat of the year Awards 2013, WINNER, XO 240 RS
- European powerboat of the Year 2012 FINALIST, XO 240 RS
Mattila founds Paragon Yachts in 2003.
- Motorboat of the year Awards 2010 WINNER, Paragon 31
Mattila founds Aquador Yachts in 1994.
- Motorboat of the year Awards 2009 WINNER, Aquador 28 HT
- Motorboat of the show 1998, Helsinki, Aquador 25 C